a.) 10gms (of inner goodness) per day – maximum recommended dose
Type: Made up of three interwoven polypeptide chains, collagen connects the skin, tissues, muscles, and many other parts of the body, contributing to the normal functioning of nearly all our vital organs. The three main types of collagens are:
a.) Type I collagen is the most abundant protein found in humans [and in all vertebrates]. Type I or type 1 collagen is the strongest type of collagen. If one is looking for a collagen for supporting skin health, type 1 is a top choice since it's literally a building block of the skin. The most common type of collagen found in the human body is Type 1 collagen. From the age of 25, the body starts to lose its Type 1 collagen reserves, resulting in conditions associated with ageing such as reduced skin elasticity. They are the best type of collagen for eliminating wrinkles and sagging skin, helping to promote well-being and healthy ageing. It also maintains healthy bones, hair, and nails. Primary source: Marine Collagen. INL products are made up of Type Hydrolysed Marine Collagen Peptides
b.) Type II is in cartilage. Cartilage is found all over the body— ears, nose, bronchial tubes, rib cage and joints. Supports Joint Health. Primary source: Organic bone broth protein
c.) Type III collagen fibrils are thinner than type I fibrils and are present in high concentrations in skin, blood vessels and other tissues with large proportions of elastic fibers. Supports gut healing, improving skin elasticity, and hydration. Primary source: Bovine collagen peptides
a.) Hydrolysed collagen means the collagen has been broken down into small peptides, which are easy for the body to digest.
b.) To put it simply, all collagen is hydrolysed... but there are different levels of hydrolysation. In the process, protein (more specifically, its amino acids) has been broken down into smaller units, making collagen more easily digestible for humans.
a.) Fish collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently into the body which means it has superior bioavailability over bovine or porcine types. This is due to its smaller particle size compared to other types of collagens.
Collagen Peptides: Collagen peptides are made by breaking animal collagen down through hydrolysis (chemical breakdown of a compound with reaction with water). So, while collagen is a complete protein, collagen peptides are fragments of that protein. Whole collagen is difficult for the body to digest or absorb, while collagen peptides are significantly more accessible for the body
a.) Our collagen’s raw material is sourced from by-products of sustainably farmed and wild aquatic fish species. This way nothing is wasted, in line with the principles of a circular economy, and added value is provided to sustainable practices. Our source is first in the world to obtain ‘Friend of the Sea’ sustainability certification.
b.) Friend of the Sea is the leading international standard for sustainable nutraceutical products from marine sources. The organisation’s mission is to protect aquatic resources employing sustainable practices in all activities related to the marine environment, including, as in this case, the extraction of fish collagen peptides.
c.) Certified Friend of the Sea producers verify their suppliers are approved and implement sustainable fishing practices. In this way, they can provide a third- party assurance to consumers worldwide.
Supercharged by Digestible Functional Keratin:
a.) Keratin is one of nature’s most important building blocks at a cellular level, giving the human body structure and order. Similar to Collagen, Keratin is a structural protein and is fundamental in the development of healthy tissues, including skin, hair and nails. Collagen is the dietary fuel providing correctly structured amino acids. Digestible Functional Keratin (DFK) is the spark plug for this fuel, converting dietary collagen to the correct forms of collagen to enhance your inner beauty regime.
b.)Keratin protein structure is essential to physical and biological function. The DFK technology can keep large fibrous proteins intact, using them without breaking important bonds within the protein.
c.) DFK is 91% homologous to human keratin means that Functional Keratin is made up of the same smaller amino acid molecules arranged in the same order.
d.) Our raw material supplier has developed and patented proprietary manufacturing and processing technologies which gently extract fully bioactive keratin proteins from natural, renewable sources, and provide them as product solutions to enhance health, beauty, and wellbeing. Keratin proteins are extracted from pure New Zealand wool, using environmentally sound proprietary processes. As a source of natural materials, New Zealand has unsurpassed biosecurity status providing highest level of quality assurance.
e.) Pure keratin protein in digestible, functional form and is rich in cysteine.
- Cysteine is main protein in nails, skin, and hair and it is important for making collagen. It affects skin elasticity and texture.
f.) DFK Glow works synergistically with dietary collagen to boost the body’s ability to produce the right structural proteins to repair wrinkles and strengthen hair follicles and nails. This is achieved by activating skin cells that have the right nutritional input to specifically make collagen IV and collagen VII, the binding proteins that join the dermal and epidermal layers essential for smooth, wrinkle free skin as well as anchoring hair follicles into the scalp.
g.) Functional Keratin also upregulates glutathione as well as taurine production
- Glutathione is the master antioxidant, protecting skin and hair from oxidative stress
- Taurine is good at binding water and keeping your cells hydrated.
- Taurine is also stored in hair follicles in the scalp. When your body is Taurine deficient, this can cause dry, thin hair. Taurine is often recommended to help with hair loss because of this.
- In short, ethically sourced from renewable resources, DFK puts the right collagen in the right place.
- Bio-Availability: INL uses the smallest particle size collagen possible - 2kDa. It comes in a micro granulated form – easy dispersible, low density, very low viscosity, excellent organoleptic properties: neutral taste and odour, crystal clear. When buying collagen supplements, make sure to buy high quality products and specifically look for hydrolysed collagen since that means the collagen is broken into smaller more easily absorbed and utilized compounds.
- Two variants of Vitamin C:
a.) Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and potent antioxidant crucial for overall health and skin health.
b.) Vitamin C stimulates your body’s natural collagen production and helps keep the body’s collagen network in tip-top shape. Technically, vitamin C synthesizes collagen production so the body can turn on its collagen gene expression (i.e., make more collagen)
c.) Without vitamin C, collagen cannot be produced in the body. INL uses two variants of Vitamin C:
d.) Ascorbic acid is the purest form of vitamin C. It is an essential co- factor and aids the secretion of collagen from collagen.
e.) Sodium ascorbate is a form of vitamin C that has sodium components that help lower its acidity levels. The sodium content helps vitamin C to be easily absorbed and stay longer in the body. It serves as an antioxidant that helps keep your cells from damage and keep them healthy.
- Fish collagen hydrolysates have been studied for repressing skin damage caused by UVA due to antioxidant/ anti-inflammatory activities. They may also help to maintain skin smoothness, hydration, elasticity and reduce skin wrinkles (Shynia et al. 2011).
- Two clinical studies conducted by CPCAD (Centre de Pharmacologie Clinique Appliquée à la Dermatologie), Nice University Hospital, France, showed that an oral intake of Naticol® may reduce the appearance of the wrinkles, improve skin hydration and elasticity. Results of the clinical studies are published in Journal of Ageing clinical and Research practice JARCP, Duteil et al. 2016).